Hey there Crawlers!
Join us tomorrow at 6:30am at Cardozo Track for our weekly Wednesday workout. Weather is looking TERRIFIC so no “winter weather” excuses!
Listen up you possible miscreants, tomorrow’s workout is gonna be fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun hard maybe? Nor will it be very innovative so stop trying to juice my creativity.
Race season is quickly approaching! With being one month out from the RnR half and full, we are going to do some longer intervals with cut-downs. You can choose a faster “half marathon pace” with a longer recovery, or a slower “marathon pace” with a shorter recovery.
Workout is 2 x 2 mile interval sets (**option for shorter workout at the end**):
1. Half-marathon focus:
- Start at HM goal pace. Every 800 meters drop your mile pace by 10 sec (or drop your 800 meter splits by 5 sec)
- Example: If I start out at 7 min mile pace, I want my 800 meter splits to be: 3:30; 3:25; 3:20; 3:15
- Rest 3 minutes between sets
2. Marathon focus:
- Start at marathon goal pace. Every 800 meters drop your mile pace by 10 sec (or drop your 800 meter splits by 5 sec)
- Example: If I start out at 7:30 min mile pace, I want my 800 meter splits to be: 3:45; 3:40; 3:35; 3:30
- Rest 2 minutes between sets
**Because we will likely spread out during each interval, and due to time constraints, you are responsible for keeping time of your own rest and starting your next interval on time.**
If you cannot stick around for the entire 2 x 2 miles, cut your second interval down to 1 mile. Start at 10k speed and progressively work down to 5k speed each 400m.
P.S. This will Liz’s last workout before she ships off to Mexico City for the next 6 (+) months! Also, say congrats to Sebastian on being a married (and who will also be sadly leaving us at the end of February).
Meet at 6:30am at Cardozo Track for our first weekly workout of February 2017! If the gates are closed, we will move over to Bannecker.This workout is all about pacing, and the goal is to focus on the last mile and see what we can do.
Hi there Crawlers!
Let’s get back to the basics (lead by the wonderful Ashley) with some standard 800m and hill repeats. ALL ARE WELCOME and we will plan to meet at the Cardozo Track to start our work out at 6:30 am. If it is locked, we will run over to the Banneker track after giving a few minutes for stragglers.